Starting to get hungry for lunch and it made me think that I should share my new favourite granola recipe with you! It's so delish, I have a scoop for breakfast this morning with some almond milk and frozen berries before heading off to work out. Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think! It only takes 15 minutes - super easy - and you can make it in bulk to store in your cereal cupboard.
- 2 cups raw almonds (slivers or whole)
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts or cashews (or any type of nut!)
- 1 cup of coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds or hemp hearts or both
- 1/2 cup of dried goji berries
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries or raisins (I find goji berries and cranberries taste really yummy together)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grab a cooking tray - preferably with a lip around the edge - and dump your nuts on. Spread them out evenly and pop the tray in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, moving the nuts around occasionally with a long wooden spoon. Be careful they don't burn (I would keep the tray on the middle rack to be safe)
- Take the nuts out; put half in a large bowl, the other half in a food processor/blender/Nutribullet, etc. Pulse a few times until the nuts are slightly ground up. It happens quick so don't get carried away!!
- Take the blended mixture and stir it into the large bowl with the rest of your nuts.
- Dump your cup of coconut flakes onto the same tray you just used, spread the coconut out evenly, and pop it in the oven for 4 minutes. The flakes should still be white but a little golden from the heat. Watch they don't burn!
- Add your coconut flakes, chia seeds, goji berries, and cranberries to the large bowl of nut mixture and stir.
Scoop some granola into a bowl and add some almond milk or any type of milk you like. I find the almond milk goes nicely with the nutty flavour of the granola. For an added
and a sweet kick, throw some frozen blueberries and diced strawberries on top ~ Enjoy!